If you are looking for a coffee maker that is made in the USA, then we have tried our very best to pick out three that do actually appear to have been made in the USA. As silly as it sounds, choosing where your coffee maker was manufactured can make a lot of difference. Things like parts, quality – and just how long the machine will last for are all great determining factors to look around for when shopping for a coffee maker made in the USA. In China, where many of the coffee makers are produced, companies resort to mass production to make quick cash, whereby in the USA, well things are ran a little bit more low scale, and along with this comes more skill and craftsmanship.
It must be noted though that we are not 100% sure that they are entirely made there, you may have parts from China or another country thrown in too, however, we have tired our best and reviewed three great coffee makers and they have certainly been assembled in the good old U S of A! It is always a good idea to check with the manufacturer first though.
Aerobie 80R08 AeroPress
We cannot be entirely sure that this was fully made in the USA, but it was certainly assembled in the state of California, and well this AeroPress coffee maker certainly offers you the most when it comes to the art of coffee making. It is also just perfect for those that hate to wait and need coffee, now, now, now. The reason being it brews coffee in a minute! All you need to do I count to 6, then look forward to putting your feet up with a cup of coffee.
- This is an extremely unique coffee maker that allows you to make not just best instant coffee, but also espressos too. It offers you the chance to get a little pressure so that is makes the coffee with extremely rich flavours
- Is suitable for making American styled coffee, and of course espresso styled shots. Also great for making cappuccinos and lattes. A real all-rounder when it comes to coffee making
- The temperate is low when making coffees and the brew time is significantly lower too. As a result of this, the level of acid that is contained within the brewer is a lot lower too, when compared to other coffee makers that are widely available on the market
- The coffee is micro filtered and is particle free, making it so pure that you can literally store it for days as a concentrate
- The materials that are shipped out with this are fuss free
- Makes 2-4 cups of coffee at a time
- Takes one minute to brew (20 seconds to press)
If you find the best French press, please click here.
BUNN BXB Velocity Brew
This is a great coffee maker for those that enjoy the finer things in life. You can make around 10 cups of coffee in an amazing 3 minutes. But beware; it is not ideal for those that smash things! As it has some glass and porcelain features. Not great to have in your kitchen if your spouse has a tendency to have temper tantrums!
- It has the capacity to brew between four to ten cups in three minutes
- The carafe is made entirely out of glass
- Has a warming plate made from the finest porcelain
- On and off switch that are lighted
- Made from stainless steel and had a water tank that can keep your coffee at the 200 degree mark all day, every day
- Has a lovely spray head feature that makes sure that you get great coffee and extraction
The manufacturer assembles all their BX and GR models in Creston, Iowa
Chemex Glass Coffeemaker
If you like things that are modern, and fall into the category of the best 100 modern things avalible when it comes to technology as certified by the Illinois Institute of Technology, then this is certainlly a coffee maker to add to your online shopping list. It is designed for those that love wooden features and like the best types of material that are on offer to man, what with a leather collar you will be in your element with this. It is the perfect item to have in your office, or of course sitting on your wooden kitchen table.
- Has a lovely polished wooden collar that has a fantastic leather tie on there, for a great look in your home
- It was picked out as one of the best 100 designed products of modern times, by the Illinois Institute of Technology
- Uses 5 oz cup capacity allowing you to make upto 5 cups each use
- Utilises Chemex filters that are needed for all the operations that this conducts
- Can make up to an amazing 30 ounces of coffee at a time
So there you have it folks, three coffee makers that are made in the USA (as far as we are aware). They are perfect for those that are feeling a little patriotic and want to invest in something that was made in their home country. Or, for that matter people that are just so fed up of seeing the made in China sign lolling around on their home machinery. It can get a little bit disappointing when you suddenly realise that the majority of work around the globe has in fact been outsourced to China! What ever happened to making things locally? It certainly offers a little bit of food for thought for you. Do you actually know, or are you even aware of where your current coffee maker is made? It may be time to start taking a look around you, and weighing up your choices.
Thomas is the founder of Fourth Estate Coffee. The blog combined two of his passions : writing and coffee. He isn’t a coffee expert, but he is interested in drinking better coffee.