Time for a little hypothetical question – imagine you were walking by a culinary store and running out the doors came the owner of the shop. He races up to you and says – ‘it’s your lucky day – I’m going to give you anything in my store up to the value of $200!
You’ve got an hour to choose what you want, it has to be a best paring knives, knife accessories, or some other kind of culinary product that you’d find in any normal culinary store – what would you get?
You can get as many products as you like as long as they total $200 or less.
Lets use the prices at Amazon’s home & kitchen shop as a guide (they have most things) but don’t get too caught up in the details – really I’m asking what knives you’re currently looking for!
Founded in 2015, TheKnivester is the web’s best resource for information and reviews on all sorts of knives. It specializes in providing in depth analytical content that will help you make the best decision possible when purchasing your next knife.
People who love to cook know how essential a good set of knives is. A well balanced knife is an excellent asset to proper food preparation, and a good sharp knife will help you make the precision cuts that keep you safe. If you are looking for a fantastic set of knives for your kitchen, look no further than the Gunter Wilhelm Cutlery 250 Executive Chef 12-Piece Professional Knife Set with Wooden Storage Block.
The set includes 8 knives that are all you need to prepare basic or even gourmet meals, including, a Santoku knife, a 10 inch boning knife, a 10 inch Chef’s knife, a Paring knife, an offset Bread knife, a Butcher’s Cleaver, an Asian Cleaver and a Meat Carver. A meat carving fork is also included in the package. Also included are 2 sharpening steels. The knives and steels are housed in a handsome wooden block that protects the blades, and your hands, when not in use. The angled block also makes it easier to find the knife you are searching for.
- Set includes 8 knives, including a Butcher’s Cleaver, an Asian Cleaver, a 10 inch Boning Knife, a best paring knife, an Offset Bread Knife, a Santoku knife, a 10 inch Chef’s knife and a Meat Carver.
- The blades are made from an alloy of High Carbon Steel and Stainless Steel, called 440, so that they hold their edge, and don’t need repeated sharpening like Stainless Steel, and the 440 Alloy does not darken the way High Carbon Steep alone would.
- Like the best quality knives, the knife blades are forged, not stamped.
- The knives are weighted properly with a heavy bolster.
- Comes with a high quality knife block for storing the knives.
- Good enough to be used in a professional kitchen.
- The knives are beautiful to look at, and look great in your kitchen.
- Made from a high quality forged steel alloy.
- Complete set includes all knives needed for home and professional cooking.
- Well balanced.
- Easy to keep sharp with a few swipes on the included Sharpening Steels.
- A Meat Carving fork is included to complete the set.
- The wood block is high quality, and set at the right angle for ease of use.
- Gunter Wilhelm has a lifetime warranty, and will replace any damaged knife free of charge
- Must be hand washed, will dull in the dishwasher.
- Does not include a steak knife set, but they can be purchased separately.
For those who want to cook food in an efficient manner, the Wusthof Classic 6-Piece Chef Knife Set can surely help in many ways. People with that knife set can artfully slice many different foods as needed. Each knife can cut a certain type of food well. The set includes the following: a boning knife (5 inches), a bread knife (8 inches), a carver (9 inches), a paring knife (3 inches), a chef’s knife (8 inches), and steel used for sharpening knives.
1. The Precision Edge Technology used on the knives allows them to retain their sharpness 30% longer than many other knives with different brands. Of course, if it is necessary to sharpen the knives, then it is easy to sharpen them.
2. Knives are forged using high-carbon steel, which make the knives durable and resistant to stains. Thus these knives will always look good for a lifetime.
3. Cutting is easy, thanks to the knives’ steel bolsters and a carefully contoured handle. The edges of the handle are soft, so your comfort is ensured while cutting and there is minimal hand strain. Also, the bolsters of these knives are thinner than those in other knives, so the knives can cut beautifully while still remaining durable.
4. To ensure that the knives can be easily controlled when slicing, the full tang is attached to the handle by three rivets. Also, there is no problem when handles get detached because they can be reattached easily.
5. There is a lifetime warranty attached to the knives. This signifies Wusthof’s commitment to its customers.
- The constant sharpness of the knives always gets the cutting jobs done well. Also, the constant sharpness allows you to keep the same knives for a lifetime – thus saving you money on kitchen utensils.
- With the provided sharpening steel, the knives are easy to sharpen when needed, unlike other knives which do not come with sharpening steel when you buy them.
- The reputation of the brand is awesome and there is superb customer service coming with it.
One con of the product may turn out to be a pro – the knives are so sharp such that they can cut skin if you are careless! However, the easy grip prevents that from happening. Another con is that the visible tang may easily rust, but with proper storage, that rarely happens.